Friday, May 27, 2016

A BOOK REVIEW OF PROMISE LODGE BY CHARLOTTE HUBBARD


Charlotte Hubbard has begun a new Amish series with Promise Lodge (Kensington Publishing).  It is a shame that the book and place is fictional as I would love to visit Promise Lodge.  What a wonderful place Charlotte has created and the inhabitants of Promise Lodge are priceless!  These are the characters that I would want to be my neighbors - so caring, loving, and, well, perfectly neighborly.

But don't misunderstand, there are plenty of conflicts and trouble within the pages of this novel. The love, warmth, and potential romantic matches jump off the pages and before you know it, the conflicts are settled and God's perfect path is fulfilled.

Another interesting aspect of Promise Lodge are the delicious meal descriptions that the ladies cook up for themselves and guests.  Author Hubbard must know her way around the kitchen because she gives her readers eleven recipes at the end of the book of Amish dishes served at Promise Lodge.  What a great bonus in addition to the story!

Promise Lodge was published February 23, 2016.  I sincerely look forward to future books in this series.  Try it and I think you will fall in love with Promise Lodge too (and let's get a group together to visit these lovely people this summer!).

6 comments:

  1. If this book is as good as her Seasons of the Heart series -- yahoo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will be very pleased with Promise Lodge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review, Gloria! I would like to live at Promise Lodge, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, I'd love to do a week at Promise Lodge, like an adult Amish summer camp! How fun would that be?

      Delete
  4. You can sign me up for that week of camp, at Promise Lodge, too!
    When our girls were young, and spent a week at summer church camp, I always volunteered to help that same week, in the Craft sessions, and also as kitchen help. What fun times~ By the way, I LOVED this book, too!

    ReplyDelete