Saturday, March 29, 2014

Amy Lillard's Clover Ridge Series

Yesterday I gave you a list of some of my favorite Amish genre authors.  In the coming days I will highlight some of my favorite books and series.  Today, I’m going to start with Amy Lillard’s series, Clover Ridge.  These novels are so strong and well written, I would read them more than once.

The first book in the series was Saving Gideon, published in October, 2012.  Next out was Katie’s Choice in May, 2013.   Gabriel’s Bride was published February, 2014.  Each book stands on its own but it is more fun to read them in order and follow the characters as they grow.  I will publish a full review of Gabriel’s Bride on Monday.

I was enthused about the Clover Ridge series right away.  Clover Ridge is a fictional Amish settlement in Oklahoma.  Saving Gideon has a powerfully interesting storyline mixing a wealthy Englischer woman, Ann, and a grieving Amish man, Gideon.  Opposites do attract in this story but can they work out their differences so that their future is secure? 

In Katie’s Choice, our protagonist loses her Amish boyfriend, Samuel to the Englisch world.  Katie is devastated and pours herself into her school teaching job.  Along comes Zane, an Englischer newspaper reporter on a three month assignment to write about the Amish.  Katie and Zane hit it off but then Sam comes back.  Katie has a choice to make.  To make things more interesting, we check in on Gideon and Ann as well.

As I said, I will have a full review of Gabriel’s Bride on Monday, so come back on Monday for that.  Gabriel’s Bride also gives us updates on Gideon, Ann, Katie, and Zane so we can get caught up with their wonderful family.


Ms. Lillard’s newest novel, Caroline’s Secret will debut August, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment