Friday, March 28, 2014

Favorite Authors

Who are your favorite Amish genre authors?  Do you have a favorite book?  Since I began reading Amish novels a couple of years ago, I have had several favorite authors.  I began by reading Wanda Brunstetter and her many series of books along with Beverly Lewis, the matriarch of Amish genre authors.

After Wanda Brunstetter and Beverly Lewis, I branched off to Cindy Woodsmall, Shelley Shepard Gray, and Suzanne Woods Fisher.  I would eagerly begin a series and read straight through, book after book.  I was just beginning my journey of appreciating Christian fiction.  I was experiencing the joy of just reading for pleasure yet finding appropriate messages of hope, love, acceptance, and forgiveness.

Since I was new to Amish fiction, I would do Google searches to discover additional authors.  There are so many out there and to date, I have read over 40 different Amish genre authors.  Besides the ladies named above, here are some of my current favorites:

Jennifer Beckstrand
Barbara Cameron
Vannetta Chapman
Amy Clipston
Mary Ellis
Tricia Goyer
Kelly Irvin
Amy Lillard
Kelly Long
Emma Miller
Olivia Newport
Beth Wiseman

I highly recommend that you Google these excellent authors and try out some of their novels.  I will write about some of my other favorite Amish fiction authors at another time.

There was another author I came across in my search for Amish fiction, Hillary Manton Lodge.  She wrote Simply Jayne and Simply Sara.  I loved both books and eagerly awaited her next book.  But her next book was A Table by the Window – not in the Amish genre.  I have already read the book and it is simply delicious.  I’ve done a review for Family Fiction magazine so I will wait until that is published before I place it on this blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment