Saturday, May 24, 2014

WHAT'S COMING UP MAY 26 TO MAY 30, 2014


Here's what I'm writing about this next week, May 26 - 30, 2014:  

Monday:  I will post some fun excerpts from The Budget, the Amish newpaper.

Tuesday:  Book review of A Mother's Secret by Amy Clipston,
this book comes out the beginning of June and you will want to put this book on your "to be read" list for sure!

Wednesday:  Time for a great recipe, Yummy, Savory Chicken Divan.  Your family will love this one!

Thursday:  Today's frugal tip is to Go Goodwilling.

Friday:  If you read many Amish novels, for sure and for certain you have read about church services where they sing Das Loblied.  I have always wanted to hear what the song sounds like.  Well, I found an audio file of Das Loblied and included it and the lyrics (translated into English).

Happy Memorial Day to all here in the United States.  My Dad fought in WWII in Europe, when I think about how young he was, shipped over to France and Germany to fight, it amazes me.  He was wounded by shrapnel from a land mine in Germany.  He recovered just fine and came home to marry my Mom and raise four daughters.  My husband volunteered to join the Navy and went to Viet Nam repeatedly, working at the Da Nang Air Base.  Those are the two courageous men in my life, one here with me and one in heaven looking out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment