Monday, November 3, 2014

BIG DAY COMING UP!

Jillian & Ryan on the day they got engaged at Tybee Island, GA, surrounded by family and friends.


I have been pretty quiet lately, my posts have dwindled to once a week, but I have a pretty good reason.  My only daughter is getting married on Saturday, November 8th to a wonderful young man that we love as well.

Any of you with married daughters know how time consuming and of course, expensive, weddings can be.  I can't even believe how many last minute changes we had to make to the guest list and table seating.  Oh well, surely it is finalized now (fingers crossed!).

These last 15 months, since she got engaged, have been such a precious time to spend with my daughter.  She has proven to be very organized, willing to bargain with vendors to keep within her budget, and most days, definitely not a Bridezilla.

They are getting married in a small church that we attended during her growing up years.  She attended kindergarten through eighth grade at the parochial school there.  My heart is full with all the good memories from that time.

So I ask for your forgiveness for my meager posts while I complete the last minute details on my daughter's wedding.  And I ask for your prayers for a happy, sunny day on Saturday, November 8th and a lifetime of joy and love for Jillian & Ryan.  Many thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! I see you reviewed Becoming Bea. I'm reading that one now. It's intestine to me to read all the different Amish books. There are so many now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BP, I love that there is such a wide selection of Amish fiction to read now. Thanks for reading my blog too!

      Delete
  2. Hoping the wedding was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, it was everything I hoped it would be and exceeded my expectations. Please read my post from this morning (November 11, 2014). Thank you so much for your good wishes!

      Delete