Monday, March 30, 2015

FIRST YEAR AMISHREADER STATS


It was Monday, March 24, 2014 when I first started this blog.  Here is the first blog entree on AmishReader.blogspot.com.  Over time this first blog posting has been viewed 161 times and that doesn't include me checking and rechecking that it was as good as I could make it.

In the past year my blog has had 217,887 page views.  Now I am quite proud of that, as back on Friday, March 28, 2014 I noted in my calendar that I had 25 page views that day.  I was thrilled on Monday, March 31, 2014 when I had 119 page views.  As time went on, I probably averaged about 500 visitors a week UNTIL Sunday, September 14, 2014 when all the sudden I had 1,166 page views in one day!  



So what happened on September 14?  Pinterest and the internet discovered my Best Macaroni and Cheese Ever recipe.  Every time someone clicked on my Pinterest recipe, it linked them back to my blog where it originally appeared.  And because of the time of year, the pace of page views stayed up until it peaked at 6,408 page views on Thanksgiving Day.  How exciting it was to think of all those kitchens across the world making my Macaroni and Cheese recipe for their Thanksgiving dinner!

And speaking of across the world, the internet surely does bring us all closer.  As a beginner blogger I had no idea that people from other countries would pay attention to AmishReader.blogspot.com.  But here is our Top 10 Countries by page view:

  1. United States of America
  2. Canada
  3. United Kingdom
  4. Germany
  5. Australia
  6. France
  7. Russia
  8. Ukraine
  9. Poland 
  10. Netherlands
Of course all of this activity is due to you, the Readers of this blog.  I don't know how most of you found AmishReader.blogspot.com, but I thank you for reading my offerings and commenting from time to time.  Wishing you and your families all the best.

Happy Easter,
Gloria

2 comments: