Wednesday, March 30, 2016

RECAP OF A LOVELY EASTER BRUNCH


Yesterday's Easter Brunch was a wonderful time, filled with lovely company and delicious food.  I also found out something about my family - they prefer pie over cake!  I vowed that by next year I will have perfected a pie recipe.  So to do that, I'm going to comb through my Amish recipes because we all know they make the best pies!

If anyone knows a great pie recipe, please pass it on to me and I will give it my best shot to do it justice and feature it on this blog.

The Raisin Puff cookies got rave reviews with my family.  First off, no one believed that I made the cookies myself from scratch.  After tasting them, everyone fell in love with taste, no matter if they were raisin lovers or not.  Those cookies really are so delicious plus they are different, not your run of the mill chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin, which we all have had a million times.

It was so good to see some of my nieces and nephews yesterday plus their children.  I love them so much and with their busy lives, I'm lucky to get to see them 3 or 4 times a year.


This is the pretty Easter floral arrangement that my daughter brought over.  Those are pink silk day lillies, green Easter grass, yellow rabbit Peep's, and jelly beans at the bottom.  She is so creative and clever and I love her to pieces!

I hope your Easter was peaceful, fun, and spiritually uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment