It is almost the end of 2014 and time to consider some new goals for 2015. By taking a look at our Amish friends' ways and habits, here are some suggestions to incorporate into our lives:
- Slow down and reduce the stress in your day-to-day life.
- Learn how to can your food.
- Learn how to quilt, begin a with a potholder.
- Bake a new pie each week or month; give it away if you are dieting.
- Start a food garden or even just grow herbs on your window sill.
- Spend quiet time everyday in prayer.
- Do a good deed for a friend or neighbor or person in need.
- Practice forgiveness daily.
- Eat more meals at home with everyone around the table.
- Spend more time reading and less time on the computer (except for reading AmishReader.blogspot.com of course!)
- Find ways to add frugal ideas into your daily life.
- Be kind and nonjudgemental towards the people in our lives and those we meet. The smile we give someone may be the only nice thing that happens to them today.
Picking just a few of these suggestions and following through, will make you feel so good inside.
Sending my warmest wishes to you all for a happy and blessed New Year.