Mother Teresa has been quoted as saying,
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
What a beautiful way to live your life! So here are my 20 ways to brighten your day:
1. Smile, even if you aren’t feeling it now.
2. Forgive – holding grudges hurts you. Let it go.
3. Pray and give your worries over to God to handle.
4. Listen to music, fast music will give you energy, slow music if you want to relax.
5. Straighten up your living space – clutter is a downer.
6. Spend more time on your appearance, if you look good, you will feel good.
7. Go outside and spend time in the sunshine or looking at the stars at night.
8. Sing your favorite songs as loud as you want.
9. Read but make sure the book has a happy ending!
10. Go to bed earlier and get enough sleep.
11. Burn a scented candle, there are many wonderful fragrances to enhance your mood.
12. Do a favor for someone – a random act of kindness will make you feel good.
13. Bake some cookies or brownies, then give them to your local fire department.
14. Exercise and let the endorphins released make you feel happy.
15. Give thanks for all that is good in your life.
16. Send a letter or card to a friend or relative.
17. Do something creative, draw a picture or start a craft project.
18. Watch a silly movie or TV show, laughter truly is the best medicine.
19. Volunteer to help a person or organization that needs your assistance.
20. Write your feelings down in a diary or journal.